The Conference comes at a critical time when parts of the country and even the region are still experiencing effects of the recent drought. The conference is expected to provide a platform to share information and experiences on the impacts of droughts and floods as well as disaster management throughout the region. This conference will provide a forum for sharing knowledge with discussion on:
- Emergencies of drought and floods.
- Socio-economic costs of drought and floods.
- Gender dynamics.
- Impact on children elderly and other vulnerable groups.
- Food security, Agriculture systems and Climate Change.
- Coping mechanisms and the role of culture.
- Coordination and Institutional framework for disaster risk management.
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies.
The conference will provide a platform to share information and experiences with droughts and floods as well as disaster management throughout the region. It will also offer an opportunity to agree on the way forward and get commitments of actions from key stakeholders.